Canon EOS 20D
The perfect EOS for advanced-amateurs and professionals alike, the EOS 20D sets new standards in its class. Featuring an all-new 8.2 MP CMOS Sensor, a second generation DIGIC II Image Processor, 5 fps performance for up to 23 consecutive frames and a 0.2 second start-up time, the EOS 20D is designed to capture richly detailed, perfectly exposed images with speed formerly found only in cameras several times the price. Other features include a top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec., flash sync at 1/250, a new high-precision 9-point AF System, a built-in multi-controller for fast focusing point selection and a refined magnesium alloy body, for rugged, go anywhere photography. Compatible with not only Canon's new EF-S Lenses, but with the entire EOS System of lenses and flashes, the EOS 20D is a professionally featured camera with a consumer price tag.
This is the camera I currently am using. I cannot say enough good things about this camera. To be fair, I've only used the Digital Rebel and Rebel XT, so I can't compare this to the Nikon cameras. The 20D has a very intuitive user interface that takes no time to get accustomed to. Once you take a shot with this camera and feel the responsiveness and speed, you will be hard pressed to ever go back. If anything, it makes me wonder about one day upgrading to the full-frame 5D one day. But for now, I am perfectly...make that more than happy with the 20D.
- Second Generation 8.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor w/ DIGIC II Image Processor
- Professional Level High-speed Continuous Shooting
- 9-Point High-precision AF with New Multi-controller
- Enhanced Color and White Balance Settings
- Rigid Magnesium Alloy Body for Outstanding Durability
- Advanced Viewing and Printing, Powerful Software
- Compatible with all EF/EF-S Lenses and Many EOS System Accessories
- Megapixel.net (Very comprehensive)
- Bob Atkins Photography
- DPReview (Very Thorough)
- Steve's Digicams
- Imaging Resource Imatest Results
Where to Buy:w/ Kit Lens